Guide to using FT4 on satellites
guide to using the popular digital mode FT4 via the amateur radio satellites using SDR-Console software, a SDR receiver and the Icom IC-705 as the transmitter.
The guide covers:
• Step 1 – Setup SDR-Console and IC-705 with correct frequency
• Step 2 – Config WSJT-X
• Step 3 – Start Satellite External Radio in SDR-Console
• Step 4 – Select correct RX frequency in SDR-Console
• Step 5 – Find yourself on the satellite transponder
• Step 6 – Start calling CQ
• How to use a 2nd instance of WSJT-X for RX of your own FT4 signal
This is a short video of FT-4 communication via satellite AO-73 with SDR-Console V3.1 and Icom IC-705. It is a part of a guide that will be published later on AMSAT-SM web https://www.amsat.se/
In the first part you will see the first screen with SDR-Console with Airspy Mini as receiver, audio is piped to WSJT-X. You will also see SDR-Console handle the TX Doppler correction for the IC-705 via “External radio”.
In the second part you will see the second screen with WSJT-X connected to IC-705. The output was only one (1) to two (2) watts! You can see that WSJT-X is reading the Doppler corrected frequency. You will also see SDR-Console satellite tracking and PstRotator controlling the SPID RAS rotor.
Watch FT4 via AO-73 with SDR-Console and Icom IC-705
Powered by WPeMatico