NOAA is an agency that enriches life through science. From the surface of the sun to the bottom of the ocean, NOAA advances scientific understanding of Earth’s environment, climate, and weather. We provide foundational climate science, data, and information services that Americans want and need to make informed decisions. Without NOAA’s climate monitoring, research, and modeling capabilities we couldn’t quantify where and how climate conditions have changed, nor could we predict where and how they’re likely to change.
NOAA is working to improve the nation’s resilience to changes in climate and weather. Specifically, NOAA is working to…
- help people prepare for drought and water resource challenges;
- protect and preserve coasts and coastal infrastructure;
- identify and manage risks to marine ecosystems and the valuable services they provide;
- reduce communities’ and businesses’ vulnerability to extreme weather; and
- help people to understand and evaluate options for mitigating and adapting to climate-related impacts.
Get The Details…
Powered by WPeMatico